Strawberry gum, forestberry herb
: Eucalyptus olida.
- Adds a sweet, tangy rich scent and flavour to dishes.
- Leaves can be used fresh or dried. Dried and ground is much more concentrated and sweet.
- Also excellent in cosmetics such as soaps and potpourri due to the lovely scent.
- Is an elegant, fast-growing, gum tree.
- Does very well in the ACT region - frost-tolerant even when young, and grows in heavy clay soils with minimal rain.
- This is a tree, not a shrub, so not suitable to small yards.
- You will need to trim it regularly to keep the tree to a size suitable for harvesting the leaves regularly. The one below is a bit tall!