This is a lovely light lunch or dinner dish. Serve with a salad of fresh seasonal leaves and a crisp glass of white wine.
- double handful warrigal greens, chopped
• 6 large eggs
• 100ml (3½fl oz) milk
• 2tbsp local cheese, grated if hard, plus 1 tbsp extra
• pinch native peppersalt or lemon anise salt
• 2tbsp chives or parsley, finely chopped
• 1-2 slices thick local ham or bacon, chopped (if desired)
• 8 cherry tomatoes, halved (or other veggies in season such as mushrooms)
Makes 8 little frittatas or one large one.
Blanch the warrigal greens by placing in a bowl and covering with boiling water for 1-2 mins. Drain and set aside.
Preheat the oven to Gas 4, 180°C, fan160°C. Cut out eight 15cm (6in) squares of baking paper and use to line eight deep muffin moulds OR use eight large muffin cases OR one large baking tin or quiche flan.
Beat eggs with milk, cheese, seasoned salts and chives or parsley.
Place warrigal greens (and meat if using) into all the muffin moulds. Fill each one with a little of the egg mixture and top them with two cherry tomato halves (or mushrooms, etc).
Bake for 12 to 15 minutes until just set. Top with the extra grated cheese.
Eat warm, or cool.Adapted from “Paper Wrapped Quiche” recipe in “Lighten Up” by Jill Dupleix.