Aniseed myrtle - bulk
Herby aniseed scent.
The dried leaf of Aniseed Myrtle – Syzygium anisatum. It has a rich, sweet aniseedy scent, suitable for cooking into both sweet and savoury dishes.
Use aniseed myrtle:
- In sweet baking to add a rich fennel/aniseed flavour.
- On salads, to accentuate or replace fennel or aniseed.
- In savoury cooking, particularly with green veggies, fish, or pork
- As a fennel-like tea, either on its own or mixed with other flavours (for eg, lemon myrtle)
- To infuse into sweet bases such as milk for custard/icecream, or sugar syrup for sorbets
- In place of bay leaves in slow cooking
- Placed on fish or vegetables when steaming or baking
Save this product for later