Anzac bikkies with Wattleseed
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 tblspns ground Wattleseed
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
- 125 g butter
- 2 tblspns boiling water
- 2 tblspns golden syrup
- 1 tsp bicarb soda
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees C.
- In a bowl, mix the oats, flour, wattleseed, sugar and coconut.
- In a saucepan, melt the butter and butter and golden syrup over a low heat, stirring until combined.
- Mix water and baking soda in a cup and add to melted butter mixture. It will froth up.
- Add all of this to the dry ingredients. Mix well.
- Take teaspoonfuls of mixture and place on lightly greased biscuit tray, flattening them a little with a fork.
- Leave 3cm between the biscuits for them to spread out.
- Cook for 15 minutes. The edges should be dark brown, and the centre a little paler. This should produce Anzacs with crispy edges and a chewy middle. Bake a little longer - only a few minutes - if you want a crispier Anzac.
- Remove from oven and cool on wire racks. The cooling stage is important to get the right mix of crisp and chewiness.